We have had several weekends this year to highlight on campus how God is involving Connection Pointe in his global Kingdom. On November 25/26 we will do this once again, with five additions to what we have previously done in 2017.
- We will have a video greeting to Connection Pointe from our global partners
- We will have people next to our child sponsorship area to talk to those who want to explore serving as missionaries overseas
- I will bring a global-themed message as part of our Rooted series, as missions is part of our DNA as a church
- I will interview a Connection Pointe family about their journey into missions and where we are sending them
- We are inviting everyone to dress internationally that weekend, in outfits and jewelry from subtle to outlandish! Two years ago our lobby looked like a global village as people passed through wearing shirts, sweaters, slacks, shoes, robes, necklaces, hats, even soccer jerseys from their home countries or countries they had visited. This visually reminds us that people all over the world are seen by God, loved by God, and we are privileged to participate.
As with any global impact weekend, we will have kiosks in the lobby for those who would like to sponsor a child in Guatemala, Kenya, Swaziland, and our newest; Navajo Nation. We currently have 650 children being sponsored in those four places. Will you pray we can reach the 700 mark or more?
In this season of Thanksgiving, let us remember to thank God for the blessing of being part of a church that engages eagerly with other cultures and peoples to bring the Good News of Jesus Christ to them.
Til next week,